Anthony M. La Pinta, Esq.
- New York, 1993.
- New Jersey, 1993.
- Connecticut, 1992.
Federal District Court Admissions
- Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1994.
- Eastern District of New York, 1994.
- Southern District of New York, 1994.
- District of New Jersey, 1993.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., January 1992.
- State University of New York College at Oswego, B.A., Political Science; B.S., Business Administration, 1988.
- Reynolds, Caronia, Gianelli & La Pinta, P.C., 2003 – Present. Managing Partner of Hauppauge, New York, an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® federal and state criminal defense, civil rights and personal injury litigation law firm.
- Fair Housing Compliance Officer, Incorporated Village of Garden City, New York. 2014 – Present. Appointed by United States District Court Judge Arthur D. Spatt to oversee compliance of the Court’s judgment in the fair housing, civil rights lawsuit, MHANY Management v. Incorporated Village of Garden City, 05 CV 2301 (ADS).
- Anthony M. La Pinta, Esq., P.C., 1993 – 2003. Practice limited to federal and state criminal defense, civil rights and serious personal injury litigation.
- New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, 1993. Law Assistant responsible for researching and preparing memoranda on issues involving the criminal prosecution of sex offenses.
- Delaware County District Attorney’s Office, Media, Pennsylvania, 1990 – 1992. Law Assistant responsible for conducting over 250 felony and misdemeanor preliminary hearings in regional District courts within Delaware County, PA.
- Honorable James Crumlish, Jr., 1989 – 1990. Law Clerk for Presiding Justice of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Appeals Court. Drafted opinions and bench briefs involving state and local governmental and administrative agencies in the Court’s original and appellate jurisdiction. Conducted extensive research and writing of inter-chamber memoranda and opinions by the Court.
Teaching and Lecturing Positions
- Adjunct Professor, Touro Law School, Central Islip, New York, 2015 – Present.
- Adjunct Professor, St. Josephs University, Patchogue, New York, 2009 – Present.
- Instructor of Trial Advocacy, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Boulder Colorado, 2004 – Present.
- Guest Lecturer, Touro Law School; Suffolk County Bar Association; Huntington Lawyers Association; Suffolk County Community College; National Business Institute; Federal Bar Association, EDNY, 2001-Present.
Honors and Recognitions
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, 2014-Present.
- Recognized as a “Super Lawyer”, New York Metro Edition of Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-2017.
- Earned a “Superb” rating with Avvo.com, a client and attorney peer review rating resource, 2014.
- Social Justice Award, Islip Town Democratic Committee, 2008.
- President, Suffolk County Criminal Bar Association, 2006-2007.
- Member, Homicide Panel of the Suffolk County Assigned Defender Plan, 2001 – Present.
- Member, Criminal Law Committee of the New York State Bar Association, 2001 – Present.
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, 2002 – Present.
- Member, Board of Directions, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2000 – Present.
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2006 – Present.
- Member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 1995 – Present.
- Member, New York State Defenders Association, 1998 – Present.
Appointments and Positions
- Special Prosecutor, Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, 2017.
- Counsel, Suffolk County Democratic Committee, 2017 – Present.
- Counsel, Suffolk County Community College Board of Trustees, 2017 – Present.
- Special Counsel, Village of Babylon, 2017.
- Attorney Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District, 2015 – Present.
- Attorney Grievance Committee of the Suffolk County Bar Association, 2009-2015.
- Chairperson, Professional Ethics and Civility Committee of the Suffolk County Bar Association, 2008-2010.
Pro Bono Service
- Yale University Mock Trial Program, 2013 – Present.
- Prison Families Anonymous, Legal Advisor, 1993-Present.
- Board Member, Children of Bedford, a foundation founded by Jean Harris to provide academic scholarships and grants to children of incarcerated mothers, 1993 – 2009.